Filter help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjrossi88

Aquarium Advice Freak
My filter went down last night. I have 2 in the tank so it's not super urgent but I need some advice.

I have the tetra whisper ex70. I cleaned in and around the impeller but it wouldn't start. I removed the impeller and cleaned everything I could and it won't spin!

Is my issue the motor or the impeller itself??

Also, what do I do about the scrubbers the good bacteria is on? Can I just stick them into the aquarium to keep the bacteria from dying or am I SOL with it? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like a problem with the motor. If the other filter is of the same type, then you can take the impeller from the working filter and try it in the suspect filter.
You could toss the scrubbers in the tank, preferably near some flow. They should be fine until you fix/replace the out of service filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any idea of anywhere you can buy just a replacement motor from? I'm trying to find somewhere but I'm not having any luck.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I searched Google, eBay, Amazon, and Tetra-fish.com and could not find it.
Sounds like you need to be a new one or consider a different brand (such as Fluval/AquaClear).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom