Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canary bird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
MY friend has recently set up a 72litre and with the lack of ammonia on sale here !! And the high price of denitrol , I swapped his new filter for my 2nd filter , now if I have his new filter in my 200 litre well established tank and he has my eheim 2012 in his new tank ,roughly how long before I can give it him back with enough beneficial bacteria to get him cycled ? The filter he has from me is well and truly full of BB ...it's just a shame his is smaller or I would have just swapped the filter medium .. (Might add I have a rena filstar xp3 the 2012 is just for more water movement)
Thank you

Well if he has no fish or ammonia source in his aquarium then any BB in your filter will die off because it has nothing to feed off of. But you mentioned it's just for water movement anyway so I guess it's not a huge deal. But I'd leave his on your tank for about a month.

I gave him some fish food and told him to feed the filter a tiny little bit every other day , figured it was better than nothing...

Thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom