Filters are as loud as a motorcycle. Haaalp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Like, honestly. I have 2 HOBs that sound like a Harley roaring down the highway. I actually cant sleep with them on and i have 4 tanks running with music and a fan to boot!

Ive tried switching the impellers on both as well as cleaning it really well, turning it off and on several times, taking it apart and letting it sit dry for a week... Uggggh!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ive found that for a day or 2 after ive cleaned the impellers in my filter, they rattle like a snake, only after theyve got a little gunk on them do they quiet down again.

Ive found that for a day or 2 after ive cleaned the impellers in my filter, they rattle like a snake, only after theyve got a little gunk on them do they quiet down again.

They rattled to start with, then i cleaned them. They just keep making that God-awful noise!

Issue is, i cant run them for a few days without going crazy!

Before i worked out y mine were noisy, i went as far as to put vasoline on the impeller, worked for a bit

I might just order some sponge filters and get a strong airpump... Less hassle...

Back
Top Bottom