Filtration for 10g low light, quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was told by Neilan that when you have CO2 in a high light, a canister filter is better than an HOB, but since I am doing low light with no CO2 an HOB will suffice. I have an AC30 and an AC50 laying around. When I was using the 30 in a 10 gallon for a non-planted, my water clarity was great. What do you think will be more suitable for my new tank? Will the 50 have too strong of a flow (even on its lowest setting) for only ten gallons, or will it be a better over filter? Does it even make a difference with plants? I'm a newbie all over again, here, so help me out :grin:

Thanks

I would think the AC 30 would be more than adequate for a 10g tank, and yes I would be a little concerned about the amount of flow that the 50 would generate. If it was a specialized tank where you were going to have all fish that are known for wanting a lot of current, then maybe you could use the 50. But I'd be afraid that otherwise, you run the risk of just tossing the fish too & fro from having too much current.

Back
Top Bottom