Filtration for 37 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russ359

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 37 gallon tank with an Aquaclear 70. I am considering adding a canister filter. reason is back up filtration (had motor die on Aquaclear and had to replace which left tank un filtered for a few days) and I want to add a UV sterilizer and figured it would be best on the outlet of a canister filter. I am considering either an Eheim 2215 or 2217. question is can I have too much water circulation with the 2217 and the AC 70 running at the same time for the fish with this size tank?

I currently have a 37 gallon tank with an Aquaclear 70. I am considering adding a canister filter. reason is back up filtration (had motor die on Aquaclear and had to replace which left tank un filtered for a few days) and I want to add a UV sterilizer and figured it would be best on the outlet of a canister filter. I am considering either an Eheim 2215 or 2217. question is can I have too much water circulation with the 2217 and the AC 70 running at the same time for the fish with this size tank?

I had a SunSun HW302 and a Penguin 350B on my tank. You will be fine with that amount of filtration, and you will do water changes less frequently!

thanks for the replies. another question. With the AC 70 and the Eheim 2217 running together in a 37 gallon tank will the water movement be too much for the fish? Should I get a 2215 instead?

thanks for the replies. another question. With the AC 70 and the Eheim 2217 running together in a 37 gallon tank will the water movement be too much for the fish? Should I get a 2215 instead?

Thats a good question. Im
Unfamiliar with those two particular models but I think you should be fine. If not, just direct the inflow on the canister away from the center of the tank.

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

Ok been doing more reading on the net. I think fora 37 gallon tank with an AC 70 adding an Eheim 2217 might cause too much flow/turbulence for the fish. So I am thinking either 2213 or 2215? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm planted, and run fluval 206, works awesome in my 36, provides plenty of filtration I do water changes every two weeks, at one week my nitrates sit at 5ppm. Just the right amount of movement too.

Back
Top Bottom