filtration for large tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dittmerj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
what would be the best filtration system for a large tank, about 300 gallons. im new to the site, and the aquarium world and eager to get started. i had a lady tell me to get to of the, well not sure what they are called, its the ones that attach to the top of the tank and are really quiet. the have two filters inside of them. she says they are really economical and reliable. im going to have freshwater in it. any help would be apreciated.

what would be the best filtration system for a large tank, about 300 gallons.

Depends on what kind and how many fish your gonna keep. IMO, your going to want a wet/dry filter sized for a 300g tank.

types of fish

i would like to have some catfish, real catfish(small flathead, channel or blue) or a bass or crappie. i'd like to have native fish. i dont know how many fish im going to put in, mainly because i dont know how many i can put in safely. i hope this helps and i hope you can also.

Hi, does the wet and dry filter has to be 50% dry and 50% wet? I currenty am using a 25%dry and 75% wet would you suggest something differnt? i currently am using the system with a 200litre tank have 8 angel fish and 2 suckers

I agree with everyone else...A wet/dry filter...one with a large sump. That way you can throw your heater in there and a couple of powerheads. This way, the water would be warm and well oxygenated when it returns back to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom