Filtration upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie_dave

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hiya guys, I bought a canister filter yesterday the guy said he had disconnected it 2 or 3 days ago but it was used on a African cichlid tank and have apistogramma so I brought it home and cleaned it in tank water put it back together and have it running with my internal, how long should I leave it running with the internal? Because I'm thinking with it still being wet and it had only been switched off for a short period would it still have BB in?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I imagine that at least some of the BB may have survived, but would error on the side of caution and would have it run alongside your internal for a good month or so.

In the internal i have a cartridge with ceramic balls and then a sponge in the canister I have ceramic noodles on the bottom then a sponge and some bio balls then on the top a sponge should I just throw them in any basket?

In the internal i have a cartridge with ceramic balls and then a sponge in the canister I have ceramic noodles on the bottom then a sponge and some bio balls then on the top a sponge should I just throw them in any basket?

Yep. all you care about is the bacteria.

Ah cool I will give that a go, would I just leave them in there just in case I need to use the internal ever again?

Back
Top Bottom