filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
65 gal tank, 70 gal fluval canister and 55 penguin biofilter (hob)...

Anyone maybe know why my foxface isn't very active or colorful...it was bright yellow in the store but in my tank it looks good just not as yellow and its not very active, atleast not when the lights are on...but its eating though?

Anyone maybe know why my foxface isn't very active or colorful...it was bright yellow in the store but in my tank it looks good just not as yellow and its not very active, atleast not when the lights are on...but its eating though?

How long has your foxface been in the tank?

Give it a bit more time. I had my foxface in my tank for about a week before he got more comfortable and even then I had to watch him from a far. If I walked up to the tank he would hide.

all the time? or just when it should be sleeping? that coloration can be a sign of the fish being stressed, scared, or just sleeping.

Ok want some input...re-did tank and up graded to 75 gal, looks great same sand and water just transferred it all...i now have a gold striped maroon clown that's taken to my sebea anemone, a foxface, a striped hawkfish, a firefish and a diamond goby...want to add a powder brown tang and a dottyback...got my rock set up with plenty of hiding spots as well as swimming room would the addition of those wfish be ok?

I think my foxface drove my powder brown to death...anyone else have a bully foxface?

Usually foxfaces are fairly mellow, but they can hold their own against aggressive fish if they need to. Tangs can be aggressive, especially in a smaller tank (really should be in at least a 125g). What makes you think the Foxface was at fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom