Fin rot again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah im sorry, it is a lot to take in. The more reading you do the more it makes sense. By the way; that’s simply the method I chose. There are plenty of ways to look after them. By using indian almond leaves – I am softening my water. The leaves remove metals from my tap water – I still use water conditioner. You know those water storage thingy’s that have a little tap at the bottom? – the kind you see at kids soccer matches, that’s what I use to hold and age the water. They’re really good - I place it high up above the tank and let it drip the new water in slowly. These water storage boxes are always kept inside, so they already sit at roughly 25degreesC. As im only doing about 20% wc the temp in the tank barely goes down – especially since I adjust the tap so it slowly fills the tank. Im going to be setting up a new tank in the next week; ill post some pics for you to see.

Yeah im sorry, it is a lot to take in. The more reading you do the more it makes sense. By the way; that’s simply the method I chose. There are plenty of ways to look after them. By using indian almond leaves – I am softening my water. The leaves remove metals from my tap water – I still use water conditioner. You know those water storage thingy’s that have a little tap at the bottom? – the kind you see at kids soccer matches, that’s what I use to hold and age the water. They’re really good - I place it high up above the tank and let it drip the new water in slowly. These water storage boxes are always kept inside, so they already sit at roughly 25degreesC. As im only doing about 20% wc the temp in the tank barely goes down – especially since I adjust the tap so it slowly fills the tank. Im going to be setting up a new tank in the next week; ill post some pics for you to see.

That would be awesome! Very interested to "see" what you have.

Back
Top Bottom