Final stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I am planning in 1 gourami, will he be colorful? No female. And as for the merited. Ou 1 lfs sells them and only zebras and olives. If I got 2-3 would I still be able to get otos?

If I am planning in 1 gourami, will he be colorful? No female. And as for the merited. Ou 1 lfs sells them and only zebras and olives. If I got 2-3 would I still be able to get otos?

I would say no otos. You are going to have a pretty good amount of fish in there. You could probably do 4-5 nerite snails, really. They don't breed in freshwater.

Yes, if you get a male, he will be colorful!

Yup 1 is good that is what I have now last 4-5 months he just must think "she's" a good hider (even though there is no she!) He spent a week with no color when I had an ich outbreak with the Cardinals, otherwise gorgeous. I have Harlequin Rasboras in mine too.

Mine is pretty traditional, but I will be adding the German blue Ram when I get my new tank up and doing a little more research on Black Phantom Tetra, my lfs has some absolutely beautiful ones, don't look like google pics, do not look pale but turquoise and black. (how I came to read this thread was the GBR)

I was reading up on the Rummy Nose and it is suggested they are slightly sensitive and get Ich easily when coming home from the fish store, and that they like some wide open spaces for schooling. Also that the happier they are the darker red their faces are and a bad water quality indicator is if their fins turn pale.

Yup 1 is good that is what I have now last 4-5 months he just must think "she's" a good hider (even though there is no she!) He spent a week with no color when I had an ich outbreak with the Cardinals, otherwise gorgeous. I have Harlequin Rasboras in mine too.

Mine is pretty traditional, but I will be adding the German blue Ram when I get my new tank up and doing a little more research on Black Phantom Tetra, my lfs has some absolutely beautiful ones, don't look like google pics, do not look pale but turquoise and black. (how I came to read this thread was the GBR)

I was reading up on the Rummy Nose and it is suggested they are slightly sensitive and get Ich easily when coming home from the fish store, and that they like some wide open spaces for schooling. Also that the happier they are the darker red their faces are and a bad water quality indicator is if their fins turn pale.

Shoaling*

Really? I guess it depends on the tetras then... That or my neons were just stupid..............:(

Really? I guess it depends on the tetras then... That or my neons were just stupid..............:(

Tetras school, if they are in a loose school then that generally means they are comfortable in their space or not afraid of their tank mates. my neons and cardinals schooled really tightly when first added because they thought my angels would eat them, now that they know they aren't the food source here they are now in a very loose school.

Consider too that you have a tank of water for them, not a stream or natural body of water, I think with the higher numbers of fish in a school in a natural environment you would indeed see them school. Our tanks aren't really natural environments no mater how we make them look!

Haha you tell him!! And could I do a pleco and a nerite or 2? And I still haven't decided as for rumynose. Possibablly do some black phantom!

Haha you tell him!! And could I do a pleco and a nerite or 2? And I still haven't decided as for rumynose. Possibablly do some black phantom!

Again, I would say no for the pleco, but others may disagree with me. You seem to have a good stocking plan, and I would stick with it. If you can find one, a Pitbull Pleco would be good, because they stay around the two inch mark. You could probably get away with an albino bushy nose, (4 inch mark) but, again, I think I would stay away from one, because you don't want to too huge of a bio load.

As for the Nerites, you could really do 4 if you want, since they can't breed in freshwater.

Back
Top Bottom