Finally - 40 Breeder Reef Journal/Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this is random but how long did it take for the rock to arrive? I ordered a week ago and never got a tracking number or shipping notification.

took me about a week to get it. like 5 days or so. email its been that long.

Im starting it but i am doing a Lot of diy stuff on it so its taking me a while.

ill follow along.

coffeetwitch said:
took me about a week to get it. like 5 days or so. email its been that long.

I called and got voicemail 4 times so I left a message. It's seems like either he's forgotten to give me tracking but the orders on it's way or just bad service :(

Here 'tis today.. re-did the 'cave' on the right to make it look less fake... or at least attempt to. Also got a shot of the goby.

img_1761587_0_e4c5ef32b7c3874db94eb9b63773df0a.jpg

img_1761587_1_c1618db4c43c393e632b2edbf7dbb23c.jpg

img_1761587_2_8eb6be592d53da66d5ee968da1cc2ab1.jpg

Very cool. My pink spotted is rarely out and about he seems to prefer his little rock cave. LOL

Did you get the coral plus bulbs by the way? Don't recall reading that you had. :)

Nope. Tracking says tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it. I'm not sure whether I'll replace my purple plus, or one of the aquablue specials. I guess I'll try both ways. I don't want the tank to be super blue, so I'll see how I like it without the aquablue special first.

Yep, I was kinda wondering which bulbs I would swap out. They are techincally "white" lights but I hate my purple plus';es so I was thinking of taking them out for the coral plus. BUT then I'm worried the tank will be too "white" lol

Let us (me) know when you get them and if you could take some pictures with the different configurations that would be awesome.

Thanks!

whats going on with the coral plus? they look like they are very similar to the aquablue specials, well according to the little light graphs.

They are, according to what I have read, pretty much a mix of the blue plus and aquablue special. No clue yet on where they actually stand. I just wanted to try out the 'latest and greatest'.

cool so you ordered some. keep us posted please, if they really are the latest and greatest then i just put 2 new old technology bulbs in my fixture. still debating if i should find a 6 bulb fixture to replace the 4 bulb i just got. how are your "high" lighting requirement corals doing?

Ha, I don't think they claim to be any better than the other ATI bulbs, just different. The see people like me and see dollar signs. haha.

My corals are all still doing well. I have several new polyps on my zoas already, and while I haven't seen any noticeable growth on my milli's, I definitely *think* they look healthy.

Just looked at my tank this morning, the hair algae is starting to turn white. Guess that's a good sign that something is going right. Refugium should be set up today, tomorrow at the latest. I have my plumbing ready to put on (gotta love unions), and the tank is drilled, so I'm just waiting on my bulkhead.

it works the same way as it did before. It just finishes draining. A bit higher in the sump, but only about 1/2" higher. I knew it wouldn't flood because I filled the refugium to the point where it started to overflow, then turned the pump on, then filled the return section high enough to kick off the ATO... then once it ran for a few, I turned off the pump, let it all drain down then turned it back on... worked perfect.

I think I forgot to mention that I picked up a lawnmower blenny. It was a deal I could not pass up. So, here's another terrible video. Please excuse the water stains on the glass. I have yet to clean it since finishing my stand build haha. Once I get feeling better, I'll do that... hopefully tomorrow.

Oh... and the video quality sucks.. sorry.

Back
Top Bottom