Finally getting fancy goldies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I've never fed black worms. I'm planning to hook up an AC 70 I have lying around and putting floss in just to polish the water. Hopefully cutting back on the feeding along with more vacuuming and the extra filtration will clear it up. If not, I'm going bare bottom with this tank.

Here is a pic of the filter floss from my AC that's been running on the tank. These same little worm looking things are in my canisters too.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 62
They almost look like tiny leeches. Yuck!!!

I know! They are impossible to rinse out too. I'm pretty discouraged. I wish I could just buy all new media for all 3 filters and start over! But since that's not much of an option I'm going to starve them out. I'm feeding the fish with tongs to cut out uneaten leftovers and I'm only going to feed sparingly for a while. We'll see...

And if they die they would be causing a up turn in the parameters too.

That is very odd.

And when did you start seeing them? Do you think they came in on recent wood or plants?

I saw them a couple of weeks ago when I noticed all the debris floating around in the water. I wonder if it could be mosquito larvae. The other day I saw live ones floating around doing their little dance thing and the fish went crazy devouring them. I've noticed a couple of mosquitos that apparently hitch-hiked into the house somehow. Who knows.

I'd just like to reiterate something that has long been a golden rule of fish keeping....Don't overfeed!! I've cut back and things are back to normal finally.
My babies are really growing!!

Attachments

• IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0224.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 57
If your fish enjoy eating them, perhaps put the media in the tank for the fish to pick clean and then put it back in the canister?

If your fish enjoy eating them, perhaps put the media in the tank for the fish to pick clean and then put it back in the canister?

Lol good idea!! Luckily I'm not seeing any wormy critters anymore.

Thanks guys! I'm happy with how this tank is coming along. The fish don't eat the crypts and the other plants are filling in nicely. The Beamswork fixture was a gamble, but it's doing a great job growing the lowlight plants and algae growth is minimum.
Yeah, the yellow watonai is impressive! I hope he doesn't outgrow the tank.
I'm no aquascaper, but I'm good with it so far....

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 42
What am I doing with my life, just read this entire thread 0.0 Really enjoyed your adventure tho :D beautiful tank, I want one similar

Haha! They're so cute!! Like having a pen full of wiggly puppies greeting me everyday [emoji7]

Fresh out of qt...introducing the last addition to the tank [emoji16]❤️

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom