Finally got my new 92litre tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I wanted bottom dwellers and shrimp as well as other fish but also a array of plants

How many fish could the tank hold without overstocking it ?

Ok. Well depending on your lights, lower light plants?

Low lighters, java ferns, different anubias, java moss

Bottom dwellers, sterbai, peppered, bandits, emeralds, bronze corys? They really need a sand or micro gravel substrate or their whisker barbels become damaged.

Shrimp, ghost, red cherries, amano?

How many you can fit obviously depends on the fish. A small group of 5 corys a school of 7 tetra or equivalent, a dwarf or honey gourami and lots of amano shrimp go tackle any algea growth. I mention amanos because they grow bigger and wont be easy for a small gourami to eat.

Last edited:
Thanks. For mid level schooling fish look at harliquin rasboras, lemon tetra, pristella tetra. Infact you could just google search 'tetra species'

Cant really answer how many fish because there are so many variables. Better to get an idea in which fish your interested in, ensure they are size appropriate for the tank, and compatibility. Then decide on numbers of the type's of fish.

I think a tank that size I would stock as follows. (Just one of my ideal tanks)
A pair of german blue rams
1 albino bristlenose pleco
A school of 8 harlequen rasboras

For plants I would do some carpeting plant like dwarf chain sword or dwarf saggitaria. Some rotala indica and some moneywort in the background. Java fern on the driftwood. Maybe a single Amazon sword. And a couple of crypts for midground.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

-the bristle nose as i dont think 92litres is big enough.

92 liters is about 24 gallons? Ive kept bristlenose in 29 gallon tanks. Just depends on your stock and biolaod. With a ton of other fish maybe not, but with that particular proposed layout and adequate filtration it would work.

Ok I will do that

Well dont do what someone tells you. Research the fish you like and let us know and we could help you put together a stock list. Maybe you like live bearers instead?

I'm not new to aquariums and tropical fish I was just wondering but thanks

I'm not new to aquariums and tropical fish I was just wondering but thanks

No worries. I just didnt want you to just go buy random fish based on my suggestions. Fish I love, you may hate. Theres really quite a few things you could do even though its not a very big tank.

If you don't know your fish types i suggest you take a notepad and paper to your LFS, see what they stock and decide what your favorites are. Write a list of what you like from their stock. Leave the store and come and add the list of fish you like here. People with experience can give you a better idea of what you can stock if they know what fish you like. Some may get ruled out but if you can pick 1-2 species you like people here will be able to suggest things to add that will live harmoniously with your favorites while not turning your tank into a septic tank of fish waste.

Some local fish shops will give bad advice that they know will result in dead fish so you will return to buy new fish or expensive chemicals to try to save the remaining fish you have.

This is a pretty comprehensive guide to setting up a new tank. Well worth the read if you'd like things to go smoothly for your first set of fish.
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Honey gouramis can get mean but they are cool. I have an opaline that I had to move to my cichlid tank cuz he was an a hole

Back
Top Bottom