finally starting the 180 sw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only about 10 more gallons to go til its filled. Then have to finish rock work.
Would appreciate any input on the fuge I was thinking 1.5 in miracle mud with 1.5 in live sand ontop and that will give me abt 3 in of water to grow cheato and macro? The fuge is suppose to be lit 24 hrs a day correct? With basically any light?

I passed on the miracle mud, alot of people didn't see any discernable difference using it. I just used about 10 lbs in my refugium. I have my fuge light on opposite of my daylight lights as this is supposed to help with the ph staying stable. But you can run it 24hrs if you like.

Ok I can live with that gives me more room for algae and lr. Any clue on a desired flow rate thru it? Or just "slow"

From what I was reading the light staying on over night helps stabalize ur ph and since dt lights are on during day its notgonna drop so from my understanding its just good for the algaes and bacteria to leave on all the time in fuge. May be wrong just read that in a couple articles.

I have mine going with alot of flow and it seems to be ok. I have a store bought refugium so it's kinda stuck with the flow of the system. I'm running a 1200gph overflow with a 1500gph return pump throttled back a bit. probably not the best scenario but it seems to work out ok as my nitrates are definitely lower now than before. :-D

Ok I guess I will tinker with that once its set up find out which seems to work best. Mine is set up as seperate tank in my sump so I can control flow.

Finally filled up now to try and get the **** rock to stay where I want it to.

ForumRunner_20111122_105827.jpg

Tank is pretty much set up and running gotta start narrowing down stock list.
Already have a few fish from 90
1. Foxface
1. Niger trigger (hasn't touched any cuc in a yr. But gonna watch him closely since I want reef)
1. Bicolor dottyback

I am thinking to add
3. Bangi cardinals
3-5 anthias
2 maybe 3 tangs blue hippo and naso
2-3 reef safe wrasses possibly solornaise(however u spell it lol)
Open to suggestions after that.

Tank is pretty much set up and running gotta start narrowing down stock list.
Already have a few fish from 90
1. Foxface
1. Niger trigger (hasn't touched any cuc in a yr. But gonna watch him closely since I want reef)
1. Bicolor dottyback

I am thinking to add
3. Bangi cardinals
3-5 anthias
2 maybe 3 tangs blue hippo and naso
2-3 reef safe wrasses possibly solornaise(however u spell it lol)
Open to suggestions after that.
What about a Yellow Watchman Goby? I think that would work. :)

I am def planning on a goby but gonna let this tank run for a while before that but he is def on the list.

Sand finally settled I can go home from work and finally finish the rock work.

ForumRunner_20111123_073115.jpg

First fish is about to finally be transfered into the new tank.

Getting there 2 fish in foxface and niger trigger. Gaff light for now hopefully ordering new lights monday or tuesday

ForumRunner_20111123_201134.jpg

Looking good. :-D I like the rockwork, the three separate piles are very cool. I may do something similar in my 90g.

Thank you! Its not done yet I am going to make an arch conecting to the pile on the right.

Its tough to.do three in a 90 tho. Right before mine sprang a leak I re did my rockwork and had two seperate piles but the length just wasn't there for 3

Hmm I'll have to play with some rock and see what can fit. I'm picking up hte stand on friday so I will be able to start messing with rock sometime next week. I'd love to have an arch between them like you said, I think that would look awesome!

Yea that's what I ended up doing and it looked great so hopefully I can pull it off again

Back
Top Bottom