finally starting the 180 sw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gonna order my lights today should be in by monday. Went to the pet store today got 3 bangai cardinals and 2 purple quenn anthias. Wanted three but they only had one male and one female. If they get another female next week I may pick it up. If you guys think it would be ok to had the third a week after the first two?

Coral maxx II from purely h2o the numbers look fantastic.

Got home from work this morning and finally got my

ForumRunner_20111127_094621.jpg

skimmed hooked up and running. Now all that's left is the fuge. Tank on top right side of sump. (Any ideas what to put in it?) And finish the stand ugh the worst part lol.

That's all that's left underneath its all plumbed in and ready to go just have to go get a light and more sand and whatever else is going in.

Ok I am getting a ton of micro bubbles from my slimmer ending up in my dt. After the skimmed it goes thru 2 baffles before the return pumps. I have also tried putting various types of sponges over the skimmer output but that didn't help any. Any helpfull tricks or ideas??

FDshoes said:
Ok I am getting a ton of micro bubbles from my slimmer ending up in my dt. After the skimmed it goes thru 2 baffles before the return pumps. I have also tried putting various types of sponges over the skimmer output but that didn't help any. Any helpfull tricks or ideas??

Most skimmers need to break themselves in,..the micro bubbles hopefully should go away by themselves in a day or two.

I like the sock idea didn't even think of that. Hopefully it is just the break in. Bad news on the lights not here til thursday and that's the day I go back to work. Hopefully don't have to sign for them.

Filter sock is working good to reduce the bubbles also I had to raise the skimmer 1.5" misread the tape measure lol oops. Also got the refugium up and functioning today and added 2 bottles of tigger pods 20 lbs live sand gonna get 20 more and also about 20-25 lbs of smallpieces of live rock I had.

Unfortunatly lights are coming in tom morning and I am going to be stuck at work.

I am having trouble getting my skimmed tuned in correctly it has been abt a week but it keeps overflowing I have tried everything from all the way open to almost closed and am gettig the same result to much overflow into the collection cup. The recommended water level for skimmed is 6-8 inches I am at 7 any ideas? Lights also came ib fine tuning the programming but they look nice not sure on productivity yet since I haven't added any corals til I have everything fine tuned.

try lowering the amount of water in it. you may have to play around with the height of the skimmer so you can get more air pumped in rather then more water

Lowering water amt in it? R u talking about the valve or doing this by raising the slimmer up? If your talking abt messing with settings I have done this. I have also raised it once I will try a little bit higher.

Back
Top Bottom