Finding an active nano fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently have 2 oscellaris clownfish and a yellow watchman goby. They are nice fish but the watchman doesn't go more then a few inches from his burrow and the clowns don't move to far from their corner. Feel like I have room for one more fish. Looking for my last fish to be a bit more of a swimmer. A fish that won't hide all the time.

Any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My flame angel is very active

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Size tank?

Sorry 29g high.

My royal gramma is always out. Or one of my favorites a Midas blenny!

The royal gramma is currently my number 1 choice right now. Will look up the the Midas blenny.

Awesome! They're IMO the prettiest nano fish there is :).

Second prettiest. Love the mandarin but unfortunately they are so hard to feed

I do like the Midas but already have a yellow fish.

Six line wrasse!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ended up buying a six line wrasse on wed. Was active among rocks on wed and Thursday. Haven't seen it since.

Ended up buying a six line wrasse on wed. Was active among rocks on wed and Thursday. Haven't seen it since.

Thats how a lot of small reef fish are. Naturally they are using the reef as cover from predators and often when the find a suitable crack they'll hang out in there for 75% of the day. Have you considered getting some inverts to keep you interested when the fish aren't out? Maybe a fighting conch, Some blue leg hermits, some cleaner shrimp? Something along those lines would be a fun and cool addition to your tank so that something will always be out to watch. (y)

Thats how a lot of small reef fish are. Naturally they are using the reef as cover from predators and often when the find a suitable crack they'll hang out in there for 75% of the day. Have you considered getting some inverts to keep you interested when the fish aren't out? Maybe a fighting conch, Some blue leg hermits, some cleaner shrimp? Something along those lines would be a fun and cool addition to your tank so that something will always be out to watch. (y)

Wrasses once they become comfortable are always cruising the rock scape, very active fish. My possum wrasse hid for a couple weeks, now it's constantly cursing tank.

I read mature 6 lines have become very aggressive for many hobbyists. That's not something I want for my tank.

Is your tank covered? Six lines are very prone to jumping. I thought my tank was covered well and I have lost 2 because they jumped through a small space. If you cant find your wrasse make sure you check the floor around the tank. Hopefully it did not jump.

Back
Top Bottom