Fine!! Ill Post photos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brilliant! I especially like the power strip inside the stand, and the peg board to hang up the gravel vac cause that thing is awkward to say the least.

So i noticed that in the picture of the powerstrip, you dont have a gfci on it. do you have it plugged in to one? if not, that is a very important thing to have imo

Yes sir.... the entire stand is plugged into a GFI in the wall behind it...

Brilliant! I especially like the power strip inside the stand, and the peg board to hang up the gravel vac cause that thing is awkward to say the least.

Thanks! the peg board was one of those "hmmm i wonder if..." ideas i got walking around home depot... as were the lights.

Next thing im adding is a pull-out shelf off the half shelf i installed, to use when im testing the water.... should make a great place to rest test tubes! :idea: ill make it specifically to hold test tubes!!! woohoo! back to home depot tomorrow!!

It really looks good man, im impressed and again, thanks for the ideas. Rep points for you!!!

thanks a ton man! and thanks for the reply earlier, dont worry about not calling... work gets in the way of new builds, its all good!

UPDATE!!:

the stop at the LFS turned out OK... picked up 7 zebra dianos, 5 albino tiger barbs and 5 odessa barbs...

edit: and a bamboo shrimp, its a big enough tank, figured i could take my chances with him and the barbs...

and my FIRST LIVE PLANTS!! 2 Isoetes lacustris and 2... ummm... smaller things... ill have to find the receipt and get back to you! Pics to follow

Are the odessa barbs male or female? I saw some of the males (aka scarlet barbs) and they are friggin sweet!!

Ha! didnt know you can tell the difference....

looks like this guy here...
122339231549780.jpg

Thats a male. I saw full grown ones today and theyre pretty sweet. They were about 3 inches. Had them in with tigers, gold and some others.

I would get more if theyre going to be the only ones in there. If not look into getting some pictus catfish maybe a striped rafael cat or some clown loaches too. You have plenty of ground space for them....to clear my point get one of those species not all..haha

I dont know about any true blue bottom feeders, but the yoyo loach is cool, zebra loach is cool and the hillstream is wierd but cool.

Ill prob get flamed for saying this but electric blue jack dempseys are less aggressive than the regular jack dempsey. If you let your barbs grow to almost full size they may be ok for it, but thats a stretch.

the last gouramis i had were kinda.... boring... lol not by looks just by activity... the wife calls them stoner fish bc they just like chill...

would they be compatible with barbs/dianos?

Back
Top Bottom