Finnex fugeray moonlights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stinnettjosh

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will running the moonlights on my finnex fugeray help the plants at all or would it just be better to leave them off?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Do it, makes the fish pop,.I have since I got it almost 10 months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok cool lol. Does it help the plants at all or do you just do it for aesthetic purposes?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Honestly..bro not a clue, some say blues help same say they don't, some say they promote algae growth, I say they make the tank look better:)

Haha cool. Ill run them and hope for the best lol!

If you check out my threads you'll see the finnex thread, crazy growth with just seachem ferts and gravel in a few months.. great light for sure.

Yea ive got it on my 7.5 bowfront and ive got some plants doing really well and some im still waiting to take off... But im also just running my lights 4 hours a day cause im on the downhill side of an algae battle lol.

It will balance out, my 2 new builds are freaking disastrous at the moment, my 3 month old high tech is going ballistic though, it's a beautiful thing when they dial in..

Yea its definitely starting to clear up. And my star repens is finally starting to grow which makes me really happy lol

Know the feeling..

Haha yea... Thanks so much for all the help on here though you really are awesome!

Star repens will grow fine under the FugeRay. I've got a forest of it.
As for the moonlights, I find that without them on, the light has a slight warm, yellow tone. With them on, the color tone is a bit cooler. Not sure of the effect on plant growth though.

Ok cool. I sorta think it looks better with the blues so ill leave them on for a while and see if anything happens.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oh ok. Hey fresh what were you doing for carbon when you got the staurogyne to do so well?

Pressurized CO2 via AquaTek Premium Regulator with Cool Touch Solenoid and 24 oz Paintball tank and adaptor. 3 BPS ~7 hours a day.
~10 mL Glut (1:1 with DI water) per day (20g tank)
Of note: Was getting decent results with DIY CO2
Star repens purchased Oct 2013 from Petsmart (Topfin gel packs)

Oh well im just doing excel so hopefully i can get some decent results.

Is this in the 55g? I was using Excel only for a while but hated having to buy more when it ran out so there would be inconsistent dosing. Order Glutaraldehyde online. Better value. Also, I try to keep the carpet low so that means I frequently trim and replant. This expands the carpet footprint and encourages the undergrowth and side shoots to develop (making the carpet thicker).

No its in a 7.5 gallon bowfront. Ill probably order some glut once this excel bottle starts running low.

Back
Top Bottom