Finnex fugeray moonlights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh cool. I was assuming it was the tank listed in your bio. Ferts/carbon will go a long way in that tank. DIY CO2 would be a great addition. It made a big difference in my planted tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea ive thought about it but the tanks so small and i dont have a lid so running an airstone would evaporate a huge amount of water pretty quickly.

When I did DIY (even now with pressurized) I directed the CO2 into the HOB filter intake. The only difference is that I use a ceramic diffuser for the pressurized CO2 (had trouble doing this with DIY). No airstone involved, no additional water flow aside from what the filter produces.

Oh ok. Would this work for a fluval internal filter? And would it be shrimp safe?

Oh ok. Would this work for a fluval internal filter? And would it be shrimp safe?

I run mine right into the hagen mini, impellar chops the bubbles up and spits them all over, air stone comes on at night and all is well. Rcs and betta are loving life..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you have a lid on your tank brookster?

I've switched 3 times. . For now it's plastic grid/ egg crate..

Ok. My tanks a rimless so i sorta dont want to put a lid on it and im worried about the evaporation from running the airstone.

Just top it off.

Do you have to use ro to top it off or can you get away with tap? Ive always read you have to top off with ro water?

I use my water barrel, you could just use distilled or spring water for a tank that small..

Yea i guess so. Do you have like a preferred diy recipe or anything?

Brookster - You got this? I am in the middle of putting together a bed from IKEA. So many parts (sorry OP way off target!)
I have a recipe that I can post later if needed.

Brookster - You got this? I am in the middle of putting together a bed from IKEA. So many parts (sorry OP way off target!)
I have a recipe that I can post later if needed.

Yah, I'll take aa over Ikea any day;) here's a link to fresh ' s co2 rig.. gospel!
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298168

Looks good! Ill definitely have to give that a shot. Wouldmi have to modify it at all since its going in a smaller tank?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Perhaps a bit more sugar for longer run time at a lower output..

So maybe like 1 1/2 cups instead of just 1?

Sure, i tinkered with the recipe a few times, good thing is you can just dump it and start again..

Yea. Would it be better to start with too much sugar so i didnt kill the livestock?

I'm back. Wow, that a tedious adventure.
I'm thinking more sugar equals more food which leads to increased fermentation and higher CO2 output. If that's the case, you can go conservative and use less sugar. Note: I'm not a brewologist and did not sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.

Back
Top Bottom