Finnex Fugeray Planted Plus Question on 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcutl002

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all. I am an old T5HO guy with two 55 gallon tanks complete with flourescent lighting. I was introduced to LEDs with a Kessil Amazon Sun lamp and was impressed. But, I have a 10 gallon Betta tank with sand substrate, Betta, Pond snails (still trying to figure out where they came from), some hornwort, some DHG, and some spirally looking grass like plants that reproduce with runners, and a Finnex Fugeray Planted Plus light fight fixture.

The plants send up air bubbles like an airstone without CO2! I do provide Excel because of algae. But WOW! I love this Finnex light!

Question: what makes the plants "pearl" so much? Is it the White, Red, and Blue LED combination? My other tanks have intense lighting with CO2 and the plants pearl as expected. But, this Finnex is amazing and frankly, I think it does a better job than my T5s! I may have to buy more of these fixtures soon.

Getting pearling without co2?! That's spectacular!! I have a planted plus on a 20 tall and it's growing plants really well but nothing like yours. I'm thinking of getting one for the front of my new 30 breeder (same height as 10gal) could be amazing based on your experience..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I suppose it could be the depth. But I have a 100,000,000 candlepower T5HO (4X54W) fixture with GE Starcoat bulbs on my 55 and it takes CO2 for the pearling effect. I am starting to think that the RED and BLUE LEDs provide "the magic potion"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert but I think the t5 bulbs throw off all the useful color spectrums.. I.realky think it boils down to technology.. I was talking with someone about what separates a quality led from a crap led.. they may have the same wattage but I guess there are these super reflectors built into each individual diode that give it some serious punch.. that paired with rgb's..well you've seen the results yourself. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This forum has really educated me on lighting, CO2, plus other aspects of fish keeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom