Fins clamped to side!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My electric yellow lab just got stripped and her fins are stuck to the side. I transferred her to a bowl then back to reg. tank. All the other fish are fine. The levels are pretty good.

How long has this been going on? Does it look like it has any wounds? Normal behavior?

Starka said:
How long has this been going on? Does it look like it has any wounds? Normal behavior?

It was just today. She has pretty normal behavior I think. It doesn't really looked like a wound just stuck.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Wait, you think that her fins are stuck? Is she stressed?

I would say she is stressed but only 1 fin works. The other one looks stuck to her body or something.

Curious, why would you transfer her to a bowl, and then back to the tank again? That probably stressed the fish even more.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Curious, why would you transfer her to a bowl, and then back to the tank again? That probably stressed the fish even more.

Well I had to strip her in the bowl because the fry is right there now that is their temporary home for now. Otherwise fish would eat fry.

Starka said:
Have you noticed anyone picking on her, maybe? What's in the tank with her?

A couple labs chase her but that's it and when she turns the fin moves. 1 acei, 1 bumble cichlid , 3 other labs. Also albino pleco.

Starka said:
Oh good! I have no idea what it could have been. :/

Now I can't tell her from the rest of the labs they all look the same!

The very first time I stripped mine she was completely traumatized. I left her in a breeder net to recover for about five hours and she bounced right back

Back
Top Bottom