first aquascape: 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Real plants is the way to go for that. And lots of time and trimming!! I am waiting on my 40 gal to start to fill out...

I want to see! Post some pics! And also, I can't ever fit all my plants into the tank, yet it never looks quite lush enough. Is there a trick to it?

I have high lighting and a few plants that require that. Co2 just helps the plants get what they need to really get growing.
Low light plants like mosses, anubias and java fern don't require it, but could still benefit from it.

Ok. I'l try that. But whenever i do I end up spooking my kribs. I'm really trying too make it long lasting. I want my kribs to bring out their fry ;-)

Just focus on making it pleasing to your eye. They will carve out their territory.
Typically it looks better with taller plants in the background and sometimes on the sides, medium sized and bushy plants in the middle, and short ground cover plants in the front.
It's just about what you like.

Unfortunately my budget sometimes doesn't allow aestetically pleasing things. Thats why I breed fish; to sell them for upgrades. That's why I need fast-growing plants; so I only need to buy 1 and it'll spread on it's own.

Neither have I. I'm planning my next aquarium. I currently have a pair o kribs, cardinals, and cories. I'm gonna move the kribs, get some rams, black phantoms, some platies and some cherry barbs or zebra danios.

Just be careful with the barbs and any long finned tank mates, I have heard they are nippers, but someone will hopefully chime in o. That. I don't keep them either...

Cool. I had them about a year ago. The male became aggressive so I took them back. It turned out that they were just spawning. Oops! theyre pretty little fish really. I'm still trying to decide if the tank should be a nice planted community or a strict south american biotope.

Back
Top Bottom