first aquascape: 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. I know this is pushing it but would it be possible to do this aqarium without lights at all? (besides natural sunlight and the 10 gallon hood with 2 15 watt bulbs)

Do it with water 3" above the substrate before the aquarium is full. Makes it WAY easier. Long tweezers help.

Thanks. I'll try that. But, ona different subject of stocking, could I replace 1 male and 4 females with 5 congo tetras?

If you (or your parents) are worried about electricity costs - you could always make an argument to save up a bit more money and purchase an LED system. Marineland's "Double-bright" strips are pretty expensive off the start (the size for your 55g would probably cost you $120 - $150) but they consume next to zero electricity and can still grow great plants.

I have one on top of my 26gal and it grows Anacharis, Java Fern, Corkscrew Val, Wisteria and Anubias Nana just fine for only 6.2watts.

Thanks. Thats actually what me and my father were looking at. But my tank is a second hand tank, so I'm waiting for that hood from up north. I've decided not to buy anything hoodwise until I got it.

I got it!!! It's a 1 bulb flourescent hood (or something like that). Me and my dad are going to find a peice of plexiglass to lay on top of the aquarium so the hood won't get wet. Anybody else have any cheaper, quicker suggestions? (I need a ride and my dad's the only one who can take me but he's ALWAYS busy. Always.

Back
Top Bottom