First big PWC in new 120 gallon with GF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldsGuy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had upgraded to a 120 for my four comets previously in a 55g.

Did my first big PWC today using mostly tap. Never used tap in the 55.

Upgraded my lighting to Marineland Aquatic LED fixture and added couple more Anubis.

Has anyone used Aqueon water renewal for goldfish? It's suppose to add trace elements to water.

New pics:

Attachments

• image-1081632506.jpg
    image-1081632506.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 149
  • image-504984063.jpg
    image-504984063.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 146
  • image-2445985099.jpg
    image-2445985099.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2948180263.jpg
    image-2948180263.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 140
They look happy!! Great job! :)

I am not personally familiar with the aqueon product. I did look it up but could not find anywhere what is in it. It says it restores vital minerals and promotes health so I guess your going to take Aqueon at their word on this one! I doubt its adding anything harmful but I would see if you can find out whats in it.

Hi JLK

Thanks!!

On the bottle of the Aqueon product is a list of what is in it along with percentages. I don't have it with me now but basically contains calcium, magnesium, etc. I can give more info when I get home.

Is that led the aquatic plant model from marineland? I'm thinking of picking one up for my 40g in the future.

Thanks. I take it you would recommend it for a planted tank then? It's been hard to find someone with real world experience with that light so far.

Well in all honesty I just got it last week. So, I really haven't had it significantly long enough to gauge how well plants respond to it. And my tank is 120 gallons which is probably extending the abilities of the light compared to a smaller tank.

I can only comment thus far the light does enhance the visible colors of the tank. Especially my fish. And I have witnessed my crypts producing air bubbles.

I'll def post more of my experience once sufficient times elapses.

Hi Nebulous.

Yes it is the aquatic LED for planted tanks.

You might of just helped me out man, I'm going live plant in my
Tank but running into troubles witoh the leds that came with my topfin 55 starter kit...I don't hink they are cutting it.

Hi

I had that same 55 starter kit with LEDs before. My Anubis did fine, but other plants would get very leggy.

I didn't realize how dim those stock (very low-power) LEDs were until I had upgraded my lights. I had upgraded to a dual T5HO fixture, but preferred LEDs for efficiency. Also according to that article I referenced fluorescent lights produce unusable spectrum.

I'm still fairly new to all this...like a month or so, and I just grabbed some plants from my lfs and threw them in, cot some co2 booster and away I went...lol I'm learning day to day and it allways seems after I do something it pops up on here.....so the leds you got, is that the long led bar from marieland? I walk down the lighting area at lfs and lps and just get super confused....

It's the aquatic led fixture made specifically for freshwater planted tanks. The single or double bright fixtures are for marine.

Unless you have a high-tech set-up with high lights etc you don't need co2.

Oh ok...its just the api liquid co2 addative...idk if its even doing anything..its just I read an artical in a aquairum mag and it says there's no magic plant light, and don't allways trust the type on the box... and then I read the artical you posted eairlyer and it made some more sense...

Yeah. I am beginning to think that a lot of the bottles on the lfs shelves are just like the ones in GNC for us. Mostly things with manufacture claims but no scientific data. Just something for us to buy and them to make $$$

I'm definitely starting to lean to no additives from a bottle. Well, other than Prime!

Did your heater bug out on you as well....mines not turning off after reaching temp...

Back
Top Bottom