First Cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you sure thats a 100% saulosi male?
Looks kinda hybrid

I recommend checking craigslist rather than buying new. I got me a 75 with stand and all including a nice canister filter.. All fir 200 bucks

Go for a 75 rather than a 55, much better size tank for cichlids all around.

+1
+1
+1

I was the one who started with a 20g, then upgraded to a 40g, then a 55g and now I have to upgrade to a 90g. (Over about a year, have 3 fish tanks up and running still)

I wish I would of just gotten the one larger tank to begin with. Much easier to take care of, gives you room for error because of the large water mass and many many more options. It would be worth it in the long run to try for a 75g tank. Use Craigslist and things like that to look for used tank.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand budget. In my honest opinion, you'll be much happier if you put that tax money away for an extra month or two and wait for a good deal. The 75g upgrade from 55g gives you sooo many more options for your tank and you WILL want it later on! You can build your own stands for tanks and things like that, also make sure you order things like filters / heaters / etc off Amazon. Everything on amazon is like half price off from the stores like Petco and Petsmart. My AC110 on Amazon was like 50$ and in store its like ~120$.

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

http://www.garf.org/tank/buildstand.asp - build your stand

If you can fit a 55, you can fit a 75. They are the same length and height, just deeper from front to back.

Back
Top Bottom