First convict fry litter! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mbratcher13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Found some fry by surprise when going to do some tank rearranging and cleaning. This is my first litter! Mom and dad a bit ticked off right now and look to be searching for something around their cave because I tipped it up (that's how I discovered the fry). Hubby said there was at least 20. I only saw 5 or so for sure. But they're free swimming and no bigger than the plastic round piece on the top of a pin. Should I try to feed immediately? I have no baby brine hatched. I have cichlid pellets and blood worms. I feel terrible for disturbing them! Will they eventually calm down or have I put the fry at risk. Any food, care, overall advice welcome!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Crush some of the bloodworms up into tiny bits, the parents will eat any that the young don't. Also, congrats! First attempt and it worked out, that's pretty odd for a newly paired couple of convicts lol, mine ate their first 5 broods due to inexperience.

Back
Top Bottom