First Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dtorre125

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm just looking for some input on how a finger leather/colt coral would do for a first coral. I am very consistent with weekly 20% water changes (would dosing be necessary, if using reef crystal?) I'm open to all suggestions in regards to what I should start with but would like to know specifically about finger leathers.

Colts are easy, but some tank details as well as your goals are will help others help you
ANd there is no need to dose anything with a soft coral (well, usually no need)..

I have 54 gallon corner tank, eshopp PSK 100 skimmer, solar flare dx 224 (can't find many reviews about these lights) and a hydro 850 powerhead. I actually posted tank update with tank setup if I forgot anything else you should know. My overall goal is to grow as many healthy colorful corals as I can. I want to take it slow and do it right so I'm really just trying to gain as much knowledge as I can before I jump in. I understand I should start with soft and have been informed my weekly 20% water changes should be adequate to keep them healthy. Im all ears for a good approach to getting started with corals.

Back
Top Bottom