First nano tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys! The starfish did have some injuries. The bristle worms came in with live rock I got. I had none, then all of a sudden I had that many. I feed brine shrimp every other day. I will read that write up. Thanks! Should I remove most of them and leave a few to keep my sand clean?

If you feed les the population should dwindle down. Not enough food means less survival and reproduction. I feed my tank about every three days. There is always something to eat in the tank like pods.

If you feed les the population should dwindle down. Not enough food means less survival and reproduction. I feed my tank about every three days. There is always something to eat in the tank like pods.

Great. Thank you so much. So my only stock is 2 ocellaris clowns, 1 emerald crab, and 1 peppermint shrimp. Can I feed every 3 days? Right now I'm only feeding brine shrimp. What else would you suggest feeding? If I add something else, should I alternate the foods every 3 days?

I feed a mixture of things. I actually just made my own homemade fish food.
Scallops
Shrimp
Nori
Mysis
Cyclopese
Garlic extract
And a bit of saltwater
Blended to a mash and froze it. The fish love it and it has a variety of stuff which is good for the fish. Watch that emerald crab I got rid of mine it went rouge on me and started eating corals.
Every three days is fine. It's the only way your worm population will go down. Also don't feed a lot. Trust me the fish will be fine there is lots of things in the tank for them to eat.

Some pics for you

Attachments

• image-1122883146.jpg
    image-1122883146.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2524366901.jpg
    image-2524366901.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 113
That is awesome! Thanks! Where do you buy your ingredients? Is there anything you add more of than others? Do you use a blender? It does look like cookie dough. Lol. It looks like the little pre-portioned packages. I can guarantee that baking those wouldn't make a house smell like cookies!

Also, what form of the cyclopese do you use?

I used a hand blender, basically I just made up the portions, it's the red cyclopese, and those are reused old cell packs. :)

I used a hand blender, basically I just made up the portions, it's the red cyclopese, and those are reused old cell packs. :)

Thank you! :) I'm going to give it a shot! Do you buy the ingredients at your grocery store?

Coral ID? I've had him a while. He's been growing and thriving, I just don't know what he is! Thank you! :)

img_2289771_0_fac46f36e5a624c00dde5a0e8bbf09c6.jpg

I had to move some stuff around today. I was so paranoid about accidentally touching a bristle worm, i'm sure it was a hoot and a half to watch. I swore I could see my clown fish laughing at me! Lol. They have such funny little personalities! My Kenya trees had gotten so tall that they were almost touching air, so I had to move them lower in the tank. :) It involved a lot of moving everything! The Kenya's have a new polyp neighbor. :) I'm excited about that!! Also, my 55 is clean, I put sand in, I have my rock and I'm waiting on water! Here's the requested picture of it and an update of my nano. :) my pumping Xenias attached to the rock, i'm going to have to move them to their own rock, as I hear they spread like wildfire! Thanks for reading my novel. :) I'm so excited about everything!!

img_2298872_0_235511915c1f36ca0ba66f00ce4e2ce1.jpg

I had to move some stuff around today. I was so paranoid about accidentally touching a bristle worm, i'm sure it was a hoot and a half to watch. I swore I could see my clown fish laughing at me! Lol. They have such funny little personalities! My Kenya trees had gotten so tall that they were almost touching air, so I had to move them lower in the tank. :) It involved a lot of moving everything! The Kenya's have a new polyp neighbor. :) I'm excited about that!! Also, my 55 is clean, I put sand in, I have my rock and I'm waiting on water! Here's the requested picture of it and an update of my nano. :) my pumping Xenias attached to the rock, i'm going to have to move them to their own rock, as I hear they spread like wildfire! Thanks for reading my novel. :) I'm so excited about everything!!

Yes!! New tanks are exciting!! So many possibilities. :)

My brother ordered a cleaner pack from liveaquaria.com and he shared with me! :) Currently acclimating 12 snails, 1 brittle star, 2 porcelain crabs, and 2 peppermint shrimp(the first ones were victims of my ignorance.)

I'll definitely be following. :)

Thanks!! :)

Here's a picture of my new porcelain crab. (and my photo bombing clownfish. Lol.) The picture's really blurry. I couldn't get the camera to focus on anything because everything was moving all over the place. Lol.

img_2299777_0_25aaf52cab83856521edef8c7ebb2291.jpg

I woke up this morning and my live rock had all fallen, I blame turbo snails!! I had to move and rearrange everything, which I don't like doing with my corals when they're already happy. It was kind of a good thing though, my Xenia needed its own rock anyway. :) here is a picture. I'll post another one when my corals aren't peeved anymore. :lol: I'm excited to see if the hammer does well in this spot.

img_2304000_0_bd526ef5777c76aeb1a391ac8f5393ba.jpg

Back
Top Bottom