First planted: My 75g Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's turned out to be a good day. On a side note my cat who went missing for 4 days was found tonight. She's okay just really hungry.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426968273.608293.jpg

Added water sprite and my hornwort finally made it to the top of my tank lol. Only other plants I have coming in are Dwarf Hairgrass and Ludwigia Repens. After that no more I'm done.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Don't know if I like the Ludwigia Repens. Grows like crazy though.

I've always favored those red colors in tanks. Really stand out. I've read it's one of the easier ones to grow so I've decided to give it a shot. Here in a month I might agree with you though lol :p

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The cardinalis is being really picky though. No roots and keep finding it floating. Maybe one day it will pick up.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The repens grows air roots before they root in the substrate. Kind of weird but Gillie said to just trim them off if they reach the substrate or they might pull the plant over. I'm still undecided on them but I do like the red in the tank. IDK I may keep them in.

The repens grows air roots before they root in the substrate. Kind of weird but Gillie said to just trim them off if they reach the substrate or they might pull the plant over. I'm still undecided on them but I do like the red in the tank. IDK I may keep them in.

I'll keep that in mind when it comes in. Any ideas to hold it down?

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If you have sand it will most likely stay down with no problem. It stayed in place in the ecco complete fairly well. took like 3 weeks to get roots on the bottom of the stems though. Now I think I'll use it in the back middle of mine and just put a sword on each end.

If you have sand it will most likely stay down with no problem. It stayed in place in the ecco complete fairly well. took like 3 weeks to get roots on the bottom of the stems though. Now I think I'll use it in the back middle of mine and just put a sword on each end.

I'll try my hand at it. Need to find those swords, my wooden toothpicks arnt cutting it lol.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Oh and the LFS had a mis-shipment so I got the 2 lost Rainbowfish. Completing my school at 6 of them :)

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Sweet. I have some cleaning out to do. Going to the store I use the most and see if they will take some of them off my hands for a credit.
Gonna check out their new tanks as well. Really getting tired of looking at the scratches the previous owner put on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have the same issue with my Anubias Hastifolia.
I am gonna pick up a small rock to tie it to and then bury the rock in the Eco complete to the rhizome. Hopefully that will let it take hold before the suckers pull it up again.

I have the same issue with my Anubias Hastifolia.
I am gonna pick up a small rock to tie it to and then bury the rock in the Eco complete to the rhizome. Hopefully that will let it take hold before the suckers pull it up again.

Great Idea. I used fishing line and sinkers to hold down my Anubias in my 45g because of Cory cats.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

What about a school of Otocinclus to battle to algae? I had some that cleaned up another tank clean.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I made a mistake I think a lot of people have made as I read now and put a couple CAE in the tank.
Those guys grow like an inch a week I think. Tend to be a little aggressive over territory mostly with each other though.
They gotta go! Hopefully I can offload some of my stock to reduce my bioload within the next week or so.
Time for PWC. Catch Ya later.

Gone Fishing,
Dale

Back
Top Bottom