First planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
I say black, the plants REALLY stand out, and even the slightest colors from fish can be seen. Plus, you cant see all the alea on the back wall. Heres mine, you you can get an idea of how it looks

That looks awsome.

rreekers said:
It shouldn't matter how you position the heater if it is a fully submergable type... I have 1 fluvial 200w that provides labeling of the 1 inch gap where the water level needs to sit.

Im just worried about the plants touching the heater

Seanh84 said:
Im just worried about the plants touching the heater

I dot think it would be that bad. I hadnt though of that, but mine arent affected, and they are very close to it!

Can i take cutting from the plant and plant them. (will they grow).

Also do i need to remove the lead weight as i done this but they just floated to the top all the time

Gboy66 said:
I say black, the plants REALLY stand out, and even the slightest colors from fish can be seen. Plus, you cant see all the alea on the back wall. Heres mine, you you can get an idea of how it looks

Hey Gboy, is that a flowering aponegeton crispus on the left??

Donkey Gun said:
Hey Gboy, is that a flowering aponegeton crispus on the left??

I wish, left fore ground is a val, not jungle but i am not sure of the exact name. Behind is a sword. I wish i had a crispus!!

Seanh84 said:
Can i take cutting from the plant and plant them. (will they grow).

Also do i need to remove the lead weight as i done this but they just floated to the top all the time

Yes to the first question, as long as they are cut in the proper spot.

And about the lead, lead is attached? Does it keep it in a bunch? Try burying them very deep!

The lead is keeping it in a bunch.
Where is the right spot to cut the plant to re plant it?

I have amazon swords. And im not sure what the others are ?
Maybe someone could tell me ha ha ha

Looks great! Just started my first planted tank also.. about a month in and going great

What ferts are you using? Did u put in florite? I put in florite after planting(yes that sounds crazy, figured out a way with very little mess) and bam the growth really started. Check out my posting

I have plain builders sand and use flourish root tabs, i also use api liquid fert

Seanh84 nice work! I started with the builders sand then as I said adding in a bag of Florite along with the Flourish tabs, daily dose of Excel and iron, then bang I had huge growth without the $$ of co2 injection. Keep posting weekly pics so we can see your growth! Nice work so far.

I use flourite and seachem tabs also dose Excel and flourish and my sword has grown at least 6 inches and 10th leaves in 2 months

gallowchris said:
What ferts are you using? Did u put in florite? I put in florite after planting(yes that sounds crazy, figured out a way with very little mess) and bam the growth really started. Check out my posting

Looks nice. What plants do you have

richpowell1989 said:
I use flourite and seachem tabs also dose Excel and flourish and my sword has grown at least 6 inches and 10th leaves in 2 months

All my swords started out as 2 plants totaling around 20 leaves. I just split them up and spread them about. As soon as i added fert they just rocketed. Only just added the others but unsure what they are ?

Seanh84 said:
All my swords started out as 2 plants totaling around 20 leaves. I just split them up and spread them about. As soon as i added fert they just rocketed. Only just added the others but unsure what they are ?

This is my sword its huge

ForumRunner_20111119_190632.jpg

Back
Top Bottom