First planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They want a plec or two and some pygmy cories and a nice centerpiece colourful fish and a school of harlequins x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can anyone help on suggested numbers and stock they want lots of fish so thinking mostly pygmy or nano fish baring the plec and can we do more than one or just one

Has anyone got some good recommendations for small nano species stock please

There are plenty of choices but three of my favorite are:

Celestial Pearl Danios
Chili Rasbora
Clown Killifish

I really like my green neon tetras (Paracheirodon simulans). They are smaller than neon tetras -- less than an inch full grown. You can put quite a few in a tank, I've got 9. Neat color that looks green when you stand above them and electric blue from a more straight on view.

Thank you all can caliban07 please link the ferts u buy

Has anyone got some good recommendations for small nano species stock please

Endlers are great little fish. They have good coloring and are active fish. I suggest checking them out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had Threadfins with my CPDs.

But if you plan to do Harlequins, then don't do Nano fish.

If you want Harlequins i'd recommend
Cherry Barbs
Or
Neons
Or
Glowlight Tetras

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wouldn't put Nano fish with Neons. Might get out competed for food. Most Nano species stay near an inch. Neons aren't huge, but they are pushy around food.

Never thought of that. Guess when you have them with slightly bigger fish that are first to the food.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Arnt harlequins nano fish id love a nano fish tanks with a few exceptions ie the centerpiece and the plecs

Nano tanks in my vocabulary are 10 gallons or less. Nano fish are species that are recommended for those sized tanks.

Harlequin Rasboras are fairly small fish, but are typically recommended for 20 gallons or larger. Thus at least in my mind I do not consider them true nano fish.

Many Nano fish are fairly shy and need heavily planted tanks.

Rasboras would be considered a small community fish. Aren't semantics wonderful.

I have some harlequin rasboras in my 10 gallon and they aren't that small. I'd consider Galaxy rasboras to be a nano fish.

So if you want to base your tank on the Harlequin Rasboras, that's great. Just ask for recommendations for tank mates for Harlequins.

Forget asking for Nano fish recommendations. It will make the process easier. Just say you want to do a peaceful community tank with Harlequins.

Harlequin rasboras seem to be mid level fish so see about getting some white cloud minows. I think they are highly under rated fish. They swim mainly at the top. White clouds are peaceful and keep to themselves.

WCMM are great fish, but they are a cooler water species. You always want to make sure your fish are compatible temperature wise as well as temperament.

They are very nice fish though especially the Vietnamese ones, their colors are a little bit brighter. My friend has Vietnamese WCMMs in a river tank with her Hillstream loaches. Unheated with a ton of plants and a lot of flow. There is about a third of the 75 gallon that has quieter water and that's where the WCMMs hang out

Thats awesome I would love to see that.

Back
Top Bottom