first reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Taotronics Tt alo9 for roughly two hundred bucks on Amazon.would that do it?

I have a 40 breeder ! Lol ! I run a 6 bulb t5 i got on ebay for 200 bucks shipped. It grows anything i put in there! But a dimmable 120 w taotronics led is the best way to go, one will cast shadows on the outside of the tank because of the size of the unit, more light is concentrated right under the led pendant. I went with a t5 6 bulb cause i wanted even light spread over my whole tank

I figured lol, have you hung it over the center to see what its like? How long is your tank? 3 or 4 ft?

It is a 4 foot tank. I'll probably center it up this week. I don't like how close the light is to skimmer and refugium, I don't want the fans sucking in moisture. Centering the light will move it farther away from the skimmer. My corals are looking great and growing with just the single light.

SRC

So if i put it smack dab in middle i can just put the stuff that needs less light on the sides

Good luck bro with the reef I run a 8 bulb 20 watt t5 set up with 5 white lights and one purple and two blue lights and I'm growing things like crazy on my 90 gallon.

**** does that work? I could use regular fkourescabts and just get those bulbs? That's be allot cheaper right? What would you reccomend on a 36 inch? And where do you Getty those bulbs

Thanks by the way! It won't start fire a little but but I'll try to remember to start a thread. In a 40 gallon breeder what do you guys recommend as far as fish? Well everything besides coral? I know nothing about what inverts should go in there or anything

Burf I'm still pretty new to this aquarium thing but i run my lights based off what my LFS tells me and recommends I also have some pretty easy corals but they are doing great only had my tank a month but I bring my water in like every other day call it OCD.

I do have a spare twenty gallon laying do you guys think i should take my first shot with that? Or since I'm spending the money should i just go with the forty breeder? I guess i do also have a 55 but i feel if i start it on that I'll never get it going fast enough

Haha fair enough :) i think i like the sound of flourescant but leds are more badass ha guess i won't know int'l I'm ordering

Also it says like 34 3/8 inches for the length but its a 36 inch light? Is that just how long the bulbs are? Or how else would it mount to it

I have a 90 gallon with a CPR dual back pack skimmer and built in filter with 90 lbs of live rock and 100 lbs of live sand with the t5 lights which are 24 inch by 20 watts.

Burf as for the tank I would just set up the biggest one you have cause later on you will probably want a bigger one. I got lucky and my buddy gave me my 90 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom