First Time Aquascaping with Rocks, Driftwood, and Live Plants, Opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeyost12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I am going to put some pictures of my aquarium set up now. Keep in mind this is my first time ever using Rock, Driftwood, and Live Plants all together. I did the best I could on it and I am just looking for honest feedback. I am fully prepared for constructive criticism lol. If it looks bad, I am willing to make some changes.

Also it was my first time attaching Anubias plants to driftwood..... I used fishing string but for some reason I feel like I did it wrong....... Can Someone with experience tell me if I did it right?

Thanks

Landscaping 1.jpg

Landscaping 2.jpg

This looks impressive good job. Elodea Densa is a good plant to add to a tropical tank also.

This looks impressive good job. Elodea Densa is a good plant to add to a tropical tank also.

Thank you, I am slowly transitioning to all live plants, will look into that plant... is that a pretty hardy plant?

Yes it is quite hardy it’s more commonly known as Anacharis and can thrive in cold and tropical aquariums. They need a moderate amount of light and can require regular additions of fertiliser. The temperature they can live in is from around 15oC-28oC. They root themselves down into the substrate and are a great oxygen producer for the tank. I hope this helps.

I know most don't like it, but I actually like those fake plants. They look nice, and not harmful to fish fins.

Anacharis is a stem plant which means once they begin to grow (which is usually very quick) you can trim the stem and push it back in to the substrate it will then develop new roots

Also if your looking for a more natural look you should swap out the coloured gravel for maybe something more natural like a grey/black colour? Or if you are going to have it stocked with live plants eco complete substrate works really well

Back
Top Bottom