First time gourami owner has poorly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaycon85

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have owned this fish for aprox 6 months originally bought with what I was informed was a female and she died about 3 months ago with no known cause detected now my surviving fish often lays on it's side not doing a lot but in the last few weeks his orange markings have gotten deeper and he now seems to spend most of his time laid on his side at the bottom of tank this last 48hrs or so with a sudden loss of his tail tissue this afternoon, all my other fish seem fine and their has been no tank events such as moves, new additions or temperature changes and under goes a regular regime of weekly part water changes, filter cleans and calculated dechlorinator, ammonia remover added with the water change.
Any advise is appreciated as this is my first tropical tank 60l ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388947458.364568.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388947497.481810.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388948021.563662.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388948367.710891.jpg he keeps swimming to the top then going bk to the same spot and flopping over again

Back
Top Bottom