First time movers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karahrs

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well to begin we have three tanks all pretty packed. A 20 gal with 1month old peacock fry. A 29 gal with south American and mbuna cichlids and 2 African clawed frogs. And a 55 gal with Africans and peacocks and 3 clawed frogs. We are lookin into moving in near future. I'd hate to see any of our fish die we devote a lot into our tanks and neither have never moved a established set up so we want to do it right when the time comes. We need a break down on moving our swimming family with the best success. Thank you for the help :)

We we still haven't more yet it's about a month away still just wanted to know all I can before the time comes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Put fish in 5 gallon bucket(s). Add a battery powered air pump to each bucket. Make sure they are all of tank water. If it's a long drive, I'd recommend a heater in each bucket, powered by using a DC converter. Drain the tank completely, remove all decor and put in a separate bucket, add a little bit of water to keep it from drying out, do the same with the filter. Get as much water removed as possible, but you can keep the sand in. If gravel, remove as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Anything we need well be getting before the move. have looked at the battery pumps and since we live in ohio it's turning cold fast so we're facing the cold factor too. It won't be far just about 20 mins away

I recently transported my n. Multifasciatus, Spathodus erythrodon, and lophiobagrus 550 miles no problem using the method I just detailed

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome much appriciated :)

If you are interested in setting up another tank. Have one of your existing aquariums hold the new filter. Once ready to move you have an assemby line set one tank up at a time. Using a cooler will also keep the heat. Bag them and wrap some old towels around the bags in the cooler.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom