fish and snake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
So here is my current set up. I just received a second piece of driftwood in the mail today, it is the one on the right and it is Malaysian driftwood, which is nice because it stays on the bottom without slate. I ordered a new light fixture as well, I am still waiting for it to arrive.

On the bottom you can see our 5 year old corn snake, Salazar. I am still working on redecorating his vivarium. But I think this is turning out to be a very nice display :)

Oh wow, well here is an updated pic. Planted with dwarf sag, crypts, anubias, javafern, aponongeton, and wisteria. 2 angels, 8 jumbo neon tetras, 1 bolivian ram, 4 otos, 2 corys, 1 bristlenose pleco, 1 apple snail, a few ghost shrimp.

View attachment 57007

Oh and the Lilly pad looking plants are some sort of pennywort that I picked from a local lake.

All the tanks are looking nice! The betta tanks are coming along very nicely. Your cornsnake has a nice tank too. My milksnake just has a log to hide in, slither room, and a water bowl. I take him out everyday to get excersize and mental stimulation. My friend had a cornsnake, and he bought a series of bird cage ladders for the snake to climb on and that worked really well. My milksnake doesn't like to climb in his tank, so I took out everything that he could climb in favor of more slither room.

absolutangel04 said:
All the tanks are looking nice! The betta tanks are coming along very nicely. Your cornsnake has a nice tank too. My milksnake just has a log to hide in, slither room, and a water bowl. I take him out everyday to get excersize and mental stimulation. My friend had a cornsnake, and he bought a series of bird cage ladders for the snake to climb on and that worked really well. My milksnake doesn't like to climb in his tank, so I took out everything that he could climb in favor of more slither room.

The corn snake was just put in that tank when I took that pic, so his hide box wasnt in it yet. He had s stick in there now and a big teracotta pot that he stays curled up in. We take him out and handle him often, he was in a 55 gallon in the garage but we don't have room for the 55 in the house so I put him in this so we could see him more often. I still put him in the 55 sometimes if we have friends over who are afraid of snakes. Out of site out of mind, lol.

The corn snake was just put in that tank when I took that pic, so his hide box wasnt in it yet. He had s stick in there now and a big teracotta pot that he stays curled up in. We take him out and handle him often, he was in a 55 gallon in the garage but we don't have room for the 55 in the house so I put him in this so we could see him more often. I still put him in the 55 sometimes if we have friends over who are afraid of snakes. Out of site out of mind, lol.
Thats a good idea. Lol. I have to hide my snake tank in a bedroom whenever my sister comes over because she has a crazy phobia.
I know terra cotta pots work well for maintaining humidity. I just use that corkwood half log thats available at every chain petstore. I spray the inside when Mr. Slithersworth is shedding to up the humidity level. How big is he? Do you have a picture of him up somewhere? What color is he? Classic, or is he some sort of color morph?

absolutangel04 said:
Thats a good idea. Lol. I have to hide my snake tank in a bedroom whenever my sister comes over because she has a crazy phobia.
I know terra cotta pots work well for maintaining humidity. I just use that corkwood half log thats available at every chain petstore. I spray the inside when Mr. Slithersworth is shedding to up the humidity level. How big is he? Do you have a picture of him up somewhere? What color is he? Classic, or is he some sort of color morph?

He is probably 5-6 feet fully grown. I say he, although ive never had him sexed. His name is Salazar. He was sold to us as an okatee which I came to find is just a really pretty normal? You can see him in the picture, he is red with a classic checkered bottom and dark black borders around his spots. Very docile, my 2 and 4 year old handle him a lot. I will try to find some better pics later tonight when I get home, but right now its work for 13 hours.

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
good luck there for 13 hours. ow.

and i love the plant scheme u have going on! tanks changed a bit haha x

Thanks, yeah the plants are coming along.
I'm a nurse so im no stranger to long shifts :)

Back
Top Bottom