Fish disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
I hate it when a fish mysteriously disappears. I tested the water; 0 ammo & nitrites, nitrates 10-20. So. . . I'll give her a day or so to see if she re-appears, keep testing the water to make sure it's safe. If I get ammo I'll do a more thorough investigation.

Tetra1990 said:
Is it just hiding? If so, than your just looking too hard lol. Good luck.

I hope that's the case. I'm not seeing her anywhere which is highly unusual. :)

Check the driftwood.

I once had a fish get it's head stuck in a knot hole on a piece of drift wood. 2 days I didn't notice. I knew I was having a hard time finding the fish, but didn't see that it had it's tiny head stuck in the driftwood. Then I notice this nose and two eyes staring at me from a piece of driftwood.. It took me like 45 minutes to figure out a way to get the fish free without crushing it. I currently have a clown loach living in a piece of driftwood. Sooner or later it won't fit and could get stuck.

Hope you find your fish. No one likes to lose a fish that you've spent 100's of dollars on to keep it alive and healthy.

Well mystery has been solved, sadly I found her in a deco log dead. That's the 2nd one in 3 days. I had those 2 for only about 6 or so months. This I thought wasn't doing well but she'd had problems from the beginning. The one last Friday I think got stuck because she showed no signs of a problem. Now I'm back to 3 & I think I'll leave it that way.

Back
Top Bottom