Fish Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know this sounds weird, but do any of you have dreams about your fish? I always have bad, frustrating dreams about my fish. For example last nite I had a dream that my platy finally had babies... but my evil ghost shrimp (which were actually Indian Prawn that I got rid of a few months back) were some how back in my tank and were HUGE. They were triumpantly catching and eating all the babies. They were almost cartoon like with big muscular claws. So when I tried to get them out (with a vacuum cleaner hose- don't ask) I sucked up all my fish.

I dunno.

If any of ya'll have fish dreams, what are they? Im curious...

lyquidphyre...

Y'know.....I can't remember ever having any fish dreams. Let's see....Denton, TX....are you a student at UNT by any chance?? Maybe you've been inhaling too many fumes during chemistry lab! :D

Haha, yes I go to UNT and it could be the Denton water hehe.

I guess when something is on ur mind, ur more likely to have dreams about it. Im expecting my platy to have babies soon and im sorta anxious... so maybe thats why. But this isn't the first weird fish dream I have had. I hope im not the only strange one who has fish dreams!

If they do it's probably like, "No, no! It's the big hand again...it's coming...and it's got a net!! Swim for yer lives everybody!" :mrgreen:

I dream about my fish pretty often. But I'm a Pisces so I'm always dreaming :p I've always had lots of dreams about my animals and I'm most always trying to save them. I love my pets so much and since I am responsible for their wellbeing I feel I must do my best. I always know when a animal is really part of the family when I have finally dreamt about them.

I've had so many dreams about my fish. They'll have babies, they'll get eaten, they'll jump from the tank, they'll be dried up on the floor. I don't remember any of the really vivid, whacky ones right now. The other night I did dream that all of my fish had babies (even though they're mostly all males, lol) and it was cute because the babies didn't look so nondescript like fry actually do. They were teeny, tiny, miniature versions of an adult fish. The little oranda had long flowing fins and everything :)

myriam said:
If they do it's probably like, "No, no! It's the big hand again...it's coming...and it's got a net!! Swim for yer lives everybody!" :mrgreen:
LOL Exactly!

As for having dreams about fish, I can't recall. It's probably happened, and you're absolutely right - if it's on your mind, there's a good chance you'll dream about it. What people don't realize is that you likely have a dream every hour you sleep. The dreams get longer and more vivd/intense as the night goes on and you tend to remember the later ones better........ um, okay, must stop myself. I could go on for hours. I did a double major and had a lot of psych classes. PM me if you want a tutorial on dreams. LOL

lol, Frank, that's what everybody says to me! You should hear about my non-fish dreams. I've always wished I could have a dream recorder that recorded all of the images and sounds and feelings that I experience. If I could keep track of them all I'd have some amazing books to write, inventions to patent, and visions to be foreseen :)

Whats worse is having this HORRIBLE dream, the kind you wake up a little spooked and then trying to explain to a friend ur dream but it sounds so corny and not scary at all. Like "Okay, there was this killer and he was chasing me but he didnt look like a killer, he looked kinda like Tony Danza and he was chasing me throo the airport which looked like a school cafeteria and... okay, I swear it was scary..."

lmao, lyquidphyre! I do that all the time. My boyfriend asks about my dreams almost every morning and the scary ones make me sound like a fruitloop half the time :oops:

hey Sati i am a Pisces also!! i have dreams of rescuing animals also-- one was REALLY weird-- i was on this island and i had to rescue my parents pets off the island... but the only way to get off the island was by driving a Geo Tracker through the water.. LOL i couldnt even get the pets to fit inside of it cause they kept jumping out and then there was the problem that the water was higher than the car itself.

anyways i usually have weird dreams LOL

Right on, Tabitha! I guess we fish think alike :) It sounds like some of yours are kind of James Bond-ish. One of the most stressful ones I ever had was when I was trying to save my cat, Sissel, and it all began on a huge military ship. My dream life is so much more fun, interesting, and thought-provoking than rl that one of my favorite things to do is sleep. Hey, I fly 90% of the time in my dreams for the past year. You really can't beat that! I keep waiting for personal jet packs to come out, but for now I'll just stick with my dreams :wink:

Oh, yes!!!!!!!

I have this recurring dream that the fish swim right out of the tank into the air, and then they keep "swimming" through the air all over the house. In the dream I'm aware that they can't breathe outside the tank, though, so I have to chase them all over the house with a net and try to catch them and herd them back into the tank before they die. I am racing against time trying to find them and catch them and push them back into the water...but they are floating behind dressers and up the stairs and ultimately dying on the floor.

It's an upsetting dream, and it comes back all the time.

ok guys i had a strange dream last night--- i was in some place with a buncha people i dont know... anyways this woman was cooking for everyone. what does she throw on the grill? LIVE GOLDFISH!! they bounced around on the grill till they finally died and turned to mush on the grill----i was so completely disgusted!! and i do NOT eat fish either she was trying to force me to...

anyways weird lol

My dreams are so bizzare that I've left psychiatrists [ sp? ] scratching their heads..., Honestly...

My worse fish dream was someone had taken Ice Tea mix and put in so much in to my one tank that I couldn't see the fish. I was using my net to try to get them out and save them. (I guess I don't sleep well because I remember several dreams from every evening. feels like a curse...)

hahahahah this post is funny, i wouldnt worry too much bout ure dreams most of em dont make any real sence at all n e ways. if u are intrested in analyzing ure dreams most pros (shrinks and da like) suggest sleeping with a notebook and pen next to ure bed. wen u wake up immeadialty write down everything u can remember. after bout a month u will have quite an entertaining logbook (makes for great conversation peices too!) there are a few books out there that will help u analze em too but i think its just more fun to do it ureself wit a few drinkin buddies :drinking: unfortuanly wen i dream bout fish im usually out fishing and ending up putting da fish on a spit over a nice log fire :twisted:

1 more class till i get my psych BA!!!! i realy dont deserve it 0X

Back
Top Bottom