Fish fighting please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooleo589

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two female mollies that i got a few days ago and now ive noticed that the bigger of the two wont leave the other one alone. It keeps chasing after her and attacking her. what should i do?

I have two female mollies that i got a few days ago and now ive noticed that the bigger of the two wont leave the other one alone. It keeps chasing after her and attacking her. what should i do?

If the tank is large enough you should add more Molly's otherwise return either the bully or the one which is being bullied. This is natural behaviour. Females will try to establish a pecking order.

The one which is being bullied is under a lot of stress from being chased. Having lots of dense plants will help and give someone for the Molly to hide. Adding more Molly's will share the aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ivr had the same problem i added a frw more mollys but they still do it but when i looked closer they was breeding not fighting hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your Mollies

Hello cool...

You need to provide a hiding place for the bullied fish. Go to the pet store that sells aquarium plants and get some stems of Hornwort or Anacharis. These are cheap, fast growing plants that will not just help keep the tank water clean, but help the bullied fish avoid getting picked on.

Just drop as many individual stems of these plants into the tank water as possible. The more surface you plant, the better for the fish.

B

Back
Top Bottom