fish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lefty53

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just wondering what everyone else feed their fish. I use flake food, Frozen shrimp brine, Frozen blood worms, freeze dried tubiflex worms, freeze dried blood worms, algae wafers, and an occasional leaf of lettuce. I have tetras, angels, pleco, loaches, and algae eaters. Thanks for all that respond!

I wish I could afford to feed a diet so rich. :( I feed my community some omega one flakes...and during the summer I find them some live food in the yard. My mbunas do a little better. A staple of NLS with a fairly constant supply of zuccini with peas every other day.

I got about 20 different foods under my tank, as well as frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp in the freezer. It's good to have a variety. I also feed zucchini and peas on occasion too.

jrp1588 said:
I wish I could afford to feed a diet so rich.

Remember, each type of food is ALREADY a "variety". The ingredient list has tons of different foods in it so I don't think you're cheating your fish any. The new life spectrum foods should be fed exclusively according to theirl website for example.

My 2 cents.

I have a huge selection of foods:

Hikari gold cichlid pellets for my oscar
Hikari algae wafers for bottom feeders
Wardley's algae wafers for bottom feeders (contain much more actual algae than hikari)
freeze dried blood worms
freeze dried tubifex worms
hikari flakes
Omega One flakes
Hikari small cichlid pellets
several other assorted foods I can't remember. . .

I know I may over-do it, but I like to offer a wide variety and I have a wide variety of fish.

What, I didn't know you could stick, lettece or broccoli for pelcos? I might have to try that. :D

Back
Top Bottom