fish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, the best is to look at the ingredient list. The really good foods have real fish ingrediends (and sometime spirulina) at the beginning of the ingredient list. The best food that i have found on the market would easily be New Life Spectrum. It is in the product review section.

The reason i like it is that it is one of the few fish foods that show you the vitamins etc that are in it. The fact that all their coloring is also natural is an added benefit.

One other good thing about this food is that it has a special ingredient of "garlic". Garlic is stated as having beneficial properties to fish (health wise i have heard and read in various places). Garlic also makes this food VERY palatable to most fish. Garlic is one of those tricks that people suggest that you rub on medication and food for your fish to have them eat it without question.

today at the new lfs they had omega one at buy one get one free so i got 4 of them and i got the chiclid, the tropical flakes, bloodworms and brine shrimp. i figured these are better than the tetramax stuff and my fish like it and i had the chiclid stuff before and they liked it so i bought a lot of them and it says made from real fish and tells u what vitamins they have

I heard that the different colors in tropical flakes were for specific things, like green was for protein or something like that, anybody else heard of this?

I have some crisps that I bought that sort of look like flakes, but they are a little bit thicker or something. The fish don't care for them much.

Back
Top Bottom