fish foster home.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wxboilermaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm heading home for the holidays. I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks and won't be here to maintain my tank. I have one of those auto feeders that dumps a little bit of food every 12 hours, so feeding is not a problem...

except for my Brown Knife fish, who I need to feed frozen. Because of this I'm taking him home. The only thing I have to keep him in at home is either a small fish bowl (my aclimating tank) or my current 10 gal with it's 6 Cherry Barbs. I'm somewhat hesitant to just throw him in the 10 gal, as I don't want my fish to become dinner. They are full grown, so they are fairly large, but there sitll isn't a lot of room in that tank for that fish combo. Filtration would be fine as I'm running a penguin 330 on it.

any thoughts? I actually contemplated buying a second 10 gal just for this purpose, but would rather just use what I have

Your fish can go 2 weeks w/o food. Feed well, the week before you go & leave him where he is.

Back
Top Bottom