Fish going in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's the safest way to put fish in a new tank? How I did it stick the bag in that tank to get use to the temp. Wait like 15 mins. Add some of the new water. Wait like 15 mins. Add a little more. I do that like 4 times then take the fish out with a net and put it in the tank.

Yup, that's the way most people do it but the absolute best way is to drip acclimate.

How does that work? I know they do that on tanked ( great show if you don't watch it you should). But I've never done it.

That's how we do it, except, we use BPA free tupperware. I find the bags deflate and sink. We bought Tupperware just for fish tank use. Do not wash it with soap. Just rinse with water. I float the bag for 20 minutes, then I put Mr. Fish(or MRS.) In the Tupperware with the water it came with. I then drain most of the water out( into The sink). After that, I put Tupperware into the tank and add a little water.(repeat every 15min until Tupperware full then I net em out) Don't worry it floats.

ForumRunner_20130731_192427.jpg

I do a water change of about 2 gal, put the bag in the tank water for 15-20 mins, remove water to a bucket, put fish in the bucket, let sit about 15-20 mins in the mixed water, remove with net, add new tank water next day.
I have a 75 so I can wait a day to add the 2-3 gals. Not sure if you want to do that on a 20gal or less.

Back
Top Bottom