Fish Habitat construction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrgolfball

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a general question in regards to building your own structures and the type of Silicone or glue to use. I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on using Bathroom and tub silicone or a type of glue, to construct the habitats out of or for sticking rocks to things. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in using Plumbing tubing to build Habitats and have a friend that used actual Aqarium Silicone, However it tends to be more expensive than bath and tub silicone... Any thoughts...

Thanks

Mike

if you go to a hardware store or even a walmart what you want to get is just plain silicone. Just make sure it's 100% silicone and is clear. The stuff that's for tubs and bathrooms probably has other things added that might not be safe for an aquarium.

[center:bcb7c3c827] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, mrgolfball!! :n00b: [/center:bcb7c3c827]

Bath and tub silicone has additives to keep mold and fungus down. You cannot use that for aquarium use. 100% silicone is good. I bought aquarium silicone from a LFS and built rock structures. I only needed one tube and knowing it would be safe for my fish made all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom