Fish have no colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sistill

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, recently some of my fish have lost there colour, my cobalt blue is vibrant and colourful so are my yellow labs and Afras, but other fish like red Rubin, then you got my pseudotropheus williamsi, pseudotropheus polit are not, they are almost grey in colour, the water is good,temperature ok, what is going on!!. There doesn't seem to be a bully in there. Please help

On the pseudotropheus Polits if you have more than one male,the dominant male will show his colour,sub Dom will look silvery grey ? This is how it is in my aquarium anyway ?

I only have one male in there with a couple of females so he should be showing

Are you sure it's only one male you have,don't want to sound stupid like ? I got six juvies,and ended up with 3 males & 3 females,gonna have to get rid of one male,maybe two...

Yes defiantly I hand picked them, even if I did have two, why are my other fish dull!!

The dull fish could be getting bullied making them stressed which will make them lose color. Are they newer fish? Maybe they arent acclimated to the tank yet?

I thought that, they are not new and I see no obvious sign of bullying, and trust me I have been watching.

Back
Top Bottom