fish id please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joel618

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When i got him i was thinking fuelleborni but his mouth is different. He is hyper active and has destroyed a couple of my anubias. Any guesses?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120617_173218.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120617_173218.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 125
  • ForumRunner_20120617_175433.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120617_175433.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 140
For real? I was thinking zebra too bc he has a shiny blue undertone and what look like broken bars down his side. I will post better pics in the morning, i didnt have my blue spectrum lights on for some reason. He has been pretty hyper aggressive so far i may rehome. I think he is stressing my male afra cobue out and i dont like that. Are they known for being aggressive?

Yes, take some better pics, especially of the head and mouth.

The mouths of zebra's and peacocks are so differently structured that if this fish is one or the other the mouth shape alone will be the discerning factor. To my eyes, photo #2 clearly portrays classic metriclima/zebra-complex mouth structure. Also, body-form too mbuna-like to be OB peacock (even though OB peacocks are peacock x mbuna hybrids).

OB zebra is my opinion too. The shape of it is different than a peacock.

Thanx for all the replys. He doeant sit still enough for good pics. Ive been researching it some and I think you are right. Im going to rehome him. Between killing my plants and attacking every other cichlid that gets near him, he just doesnt seem worth it.

Back
Top Bottom