Fish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guinness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone ID my synodontis catfish? I know it's a syno I brought them a while ago but can't remember what it was labeled as.

image-30693424.jpg

Hey Guinness--what kind of plant is that behind your mystery fish? I like it!

Thanks guys for the feedback. I have looked at the pics for columbian cats and I don't think it is one of those, it was sold to me as a member of the synodontis family. The Bala shark pics that I have seen and the columbian pics those fish don't have and spots or they have very little. I know the pic of my fish isn't the best but they are very hard to photograph as they never stay still longer than 2 seconds.

Witt2002

The plant behind the fish is a fake fern made of silk. There are 3 that I have bunched together. I have to use fake plants as the catfish in question along with his partner eat all the live ones within a day.

Fish-n-beer-guy

I don't think it's a shadow fin after looking at the pics on google. Thanks for the reply tho. Much appreciated.

Jason

Thanks for the reply, I have just looked at some pics of the iridescent shark and I'm pretty sure it's not one of those. I'm starting to think it might be a variant of 2 different types of syno so maybe a mixed breed.

S/M

That's the closest yet, I think you might be right. Some good info on that link. Thanks for the reply. Do you have any experience with catfish?

S/M

Your spot on. I have just Googled dwarf lake synodontis also known as synodontis lucipinnis and that is exactly what I have. Thank you so much now I can find out more about my fish. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom