Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oops.. It was keao m that had the Gouramis. With your size and stock, an anostomus should do ok ... Well ... Except for maybe with the Angel's. Those fins may prove too tempting.

jcolon said:
Oops.. It was keao m that had the Gouramis. With your size and stock, an anostomus should do ok ... Well ... Except for maybe with the Angel's. Those fins may prove too tempting.

It might just depend on the fish though. I had mine with a angle fish and never even gave her a second look. Maybe after a certain age?

jcolon said:

When you say anostomus, is that what you're thinking I have? And they bought two. Will that become a problem as well? All my fish are very young right now.

When you say anostomus, is that what you're thinking I have? And they bought two. Will that become a problem as well? All my fish are very young right now.

Nope, the anostomus was offered as an alternative to the lepronis by jcolon.

From the picture it does seem to be a Black Banded Lepronis and if you keep them you should be aware you are risking your other fish.

Cynic said:
Nope, the anostomus was offered as an alternative to the lepronis by jcolon.

From the picture it does seem to be a Black Banded Lepronis and if you keep them you should be aware you are risking your other fish.

+1 with Cynic

I was suggesting an anostomus as a smaller, more mild tempered, similar colored alternative ... though horizontal stripes ... to the lepronius.

Back
Top Bottom