Fish identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, yes you are.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good detective work! Like the chub species in the U.S., it is a coldwater fish. He would probably do OK with goldfish, especially comets, but would need a large tank like them. Here's another link: Pale Chub Fish

I''ve been to that site. Dayummm this fish is beautiful but its not for me cuz I have a 30gal, way too small.

But I have in my tank now. Does anyone have any idea how to care for it?

26degrees Celsius. Angelfish and a some SAEs

He should be fine for now, but I would bring him back to the retailer. He really should be in a larger coldwater tank. But what a fun experience to get an "unknown" fish. It doesn't sound like they are kept very commonly. A year ago, to keep my comet goldfish company, I was looking for an American species of minnow--a red horse--but couldn't find any. Then I realized I would need a much bigger tank anyway so stopped looking. These sites say they are omnivores, so he should take whatever you feed him when he gets hungry enough. If he was wild caught, he may just sulk for a very long time.

Definitely wild caught. Okay thanks for the help though. I hope i can upgrade my tank and get some goldfish in there. But I have to convince my girlfriend

Feed him what he would eat in the wild.
Night crawlers
Red wiggles
Mealworms
Bugs
Bloodworms

Bloodworms not working.

Tried a fly, didn't work either. Hope he doesn't die of hunger.

I'd start with live brine shrimp until he starts eating then switch to frozen brine, mysis shrimp, new born guppies (if you have them) and add some plants like moss or possibly Java ferns. Based on the site I sent you, the foods you are trying are too big for this fish. Live food is always a good food to get fish restarted to feeding.

Hope this helps

I got him to take shrimp pellets and predator pellets. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom