Fish in cycle complete already??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moncrief2315

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi i recently started my fish in cycle on the 8th of January doing 25% water changes everyday. Then yesterday after my water change i tested the water and nitrites were finally at .25 ppm. Ammonia 0. Ppm nitrates at 5 ppm . Then this morning i tested before w/c and nitrites were at 0 ppm ammonia at 0 nitrates at 5ppm and ph at 8.2 ppm. Water temp at 80 f. Keeping peacock cichlids. Question is can the tank be cycled already and if so when is the next wc?? About a week right? 46 gallon bowfront Thanks

Could be completed, monitor twice daily and perform a water change if necessary.

If readings are all good, 1 x weekly 50% water change would work well.

It is possible its cycled. My cycles typically take right at a month and you are just shy of that. Test water for another day or 2 without doing any water changes just to make surr. If ammonia and nitrites are 0 and nitrates are below 40 then you should be good to go. Yes your next step will be to continue testing the water and see how long it takes for nitrates to build up then do water changes based on that. Usually weekly water changes are what most(including me) will do.

Back
Top Bottom